Sunday, March 17, 2019
at Sturgeon Composite High School
24400 Highway 37, Sturgeon County, Alberta
An annual event that supports youth, and celebrates their brand of beauty. Our mission is to build the capacity for self-love and self-esteem by connecting with peers and the community through a shared experience.
What is BEautiful ME?
BEautiful ME (BeMe) is a one-day event which offers a confidence-building opportunity for youth to get connected to their peers.
30 youth aged 13-18 from the following categories:
Deserving (they contribute to their community), at-risk, vulnerable, bullied, or dealing with mental health injuries.
This FREE event is a fantastic opportunity for youth to delve into and celebrate what makes them unique. Social media, puberty and peer pressure all have powerful impacts on self-esteem from the outside-in, At BEautiful ME, the participants will discover their beauty from the inside out.
BeMe helps youth realize that the way that we feel about ourselves is based on more than outer appearance, and strives to assist educating participants in discovering the value of their individual attributes, gifts, and talents through time with a Hair Stylist, Make-Up-Artist, Fashion Designer, Photographers, Life Coach/Inspiring Guest Speaker and Encouragement Team.
Thank you for considering being part of this special day and encouraging youth to feel confident in their own skin.
If you would like to donate to BeMe 2019, please contact email@example.com. We are in need of:
- beauty aids such as cosmetics, facial cleansers, shampoos, and other grooming tools and products to include in the BeMe Beauty Bags given to participants at the end of the event
- T-shirts for volunteers and participants
- use of a photo printer, photo paper, and ink, to allow us to provide each youth with a souvenir photo of their experience
- catering provisions and supplies
- financial sponsorship to help offset the cost of the above items. The event costs approximately $15,000 annually.
Plugged In is looking forward to making a difference in our community through our BeMe initiative. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more updates on our events!
Download the PDF LINK for more information.